When clients can access few other services, occupational therapy via telehealth is a vital link to wellness.
Telehealth refers to using electronic communications to manage a client’s health and wellbeing. OT Works! is delivering telehealth services during the COVID-19 outbreak. Care by telehealth is therapy that is:
- Provided via phone, email, text messages or video
- Live, private and confidential
- Guided by the College of Occupational Therapists of BC (COTBC) and the Provincial Health Services Agency (PHSA)
How OT can help with Telehealth
Telehealth allows clients to safely receive the prompt care they need while social distancing is required. Through telehealth, our therapists help clients:
- Maintain or improve workplace tolerances
- Develop a daily structure that simulates their typical (work) day
- Create healthy routines
- Increase resiliency
- Deliver health education
- Promote connection with the workplace and decrease isolation
OT Works! Telehealth Approach
OT Works! therapists provide a creative healthcare service that develops client-centered solutions that are:
- Cost Effective
- Customized to optimize outcomes (including remote session length and frequency)
- Tailored towards cognitive and emotional gains
- Focused on the long-term goals, including Return to Work
- Provided with integrity and therapeutic value
The following services are difficult to deliver remotely, yet we have solutions to help:
- Home environment – possible with video technology
- Objective assessments of range of motion and strength – possible with video technology
- Functional assessments (e.g. transfers, stairs, community access) – inferred from client reports, questionnaires, camera observations and medical documentation
- Wheelchair or home safety assessment – if urgent, in-person assessments can be considered after completing a client risk assessment and while using personal protective equipment.
All of our therapists at OT Works! are certified with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC) and have additional training in areas such as mental health, brain injury rehabilitation, home safety and chronic pain.
We’re here for you when you need us.
Phone: 604.696.1066 ext 1000