OT Works! continues to provide occupational therapy during COVID-19. OT Works! has adapted and ready to better support everyone – our clients, customers, therapists, staff and our communities – in a safe and responsible way.
We believe occupational therapy is essential to maintaining the health and wellbeing of the public.
We have developed specific COVID-19 policies and procedures to keep clients, therapists and staff safe.
We have provided training on our Safety Plan to all our therapists and staff. As a regulated profession, we follow the directions of the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). We regularly monitor developments and guidance from the Public Health Officer of BC, BC Center for Disease Control, the Government of Canada, WorkSafeBC, and regional health authorities. We review all guidance and update policies and procedures accordingly.
Occupational Therapy in-person and by Telehealth
Our OTs help clients in-person and remotely by Telehealth. Telehealth is our preferred method of service delivery when the services can be deliver therapeutic value effectively. Where telehealth is not appropriate, we see clients in person supported by a series of new safety measures to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Protocols at OT Works!
OT Works! has developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan that outlines the policies, guidelines, and procedures we have put in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. We review and update our plans and measures if conditions change or in response to Provincial Health Officer orders to ensure our policies and protocols continues to be effective and functioning properly.
How OT helps during COVID-19
COVID-19 has launched the world into a major transition. Everything we do, and how we do it, has changed. This is a period of occupational disruption and occupational therapists can help. This is what we do.Learn more
OT Works! continues to serve the following areas with in-person and telehealth services:
- Metro Vancouver (Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, North & West Vancouver, Richmond, Delta, White Rock, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Langley, Fort Langley, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows)
- Fraser Valley (Mission, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Harrison Lake, Agassiz, Dewdney, Hope)
- Sea-to-Sky (Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton)
- Sunshine Coast (Gibsons, Sechelt)
- Vancouver Island: Victoria (Victoria, Esquimalt, Sooke, East Sooke, Saanich, Sidney, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin); Central Island (Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Port Alberni; North Island (Campbell River, Courtney, Comox, Cumberland, Fanny Bay, Nanoose Bay, Union Bay)
With telehealth, our occupational therapists can also assist clients outside of these geographic areas. Contact us to learn more.
All of our therapists at OT Works! are certified with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC) and have additional training in areas such as mental health, brain injury rehabilitation, home safety and chronic pain.
Contact us to get started with an Occupational Therapist today.