Return to Work. Return to Life
After a motor-vehicle accident (MVA), occupational therapists support recovery by removing barriers and rebuilding skills for the job of living.
Occupational therapists believe that an essential part of recovering from an MVA and related injuries is being able to participate in activities that mean the most to people. We OTs call these meaningful daily routines "activities of daily living" (ADLs). OT Works! provides goal-oriented rehabilitation for clients who have sustained musculoskeletal injuries (soft tissue and orthopedic), concussions, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and trauma-induced or aggravated mental health conditions such as PTSD, depression and anxiety.
For nearly 20 years, OT Works! has been helping ICBC clients in their homes and communities get back to their ADLs that matter.
What is an OT?
- Regulated health care professional
- Focused on Function
- Skilled in physical, cognitive and emotional domains.
- University educated
What does an OT do?
- Provides objective, medically supported assessments and treatments
- Addresses physical, emotional, and cognitive needs
- Addersses Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including personal care, productivity (work & school), leisure
About OT Works!
- Serving ICBC clients since 2000
- Treatment in the Community (workplace, school, gym, home,community)
- Extensive experience with concussions, mental health and anxiety
- Proven return-to-work results
Function Focused. Medically Supported treatments.
OT Works! removes barriers to recovery
and provides meaningful solutions
for getting back to work
and the job of living.
How an OT can help after a Motor-Vehicle Accident (MVA)OT Works! therapists can help ICBC clients throughout the recovery process. Our skilled occupational therapists have successfully helped hundreds of injured people recover from injuries sustained in a motor-vehicle accident.
0 - 30 Days after MVA
30 - 90 Days after MVA
90+ Days after MVA
Our therapists work in the community. We see clients in their homes, workplaces and communities. We serve:
- Greater Vancouver (Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, North & West Vancouver, Richmond, Delta, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam)
- Sea-to-Sky (Horseshoe Bay, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton )
- Fraser Valley (Langley, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Mission, Abbotsford)
- Central Vancouver Island (Courtenay, Comox)
The OT Works! Difference
Our experience in assessing the impact of injury on mental health and successful return to work, has resulted in OT Works! becoming a leader in knowing how to manage our clients’ emotional and behavioural challenges following injury. Our strength is in understanding and addressing the psycho-social barriers to rehabilitation, including those reported by family, observed in the physical environment, and mandates from legal and political organizations. We provide clear reporting and focus on measurable goals resulting in proven return-to-work results.
We place high value on quality through rigorous Quality Assurance processes and training. We have strong clinical leadership, and we invest in qualified and experienced therapists. We are customer centered and adapt our approach to meet their needs. We are part of the customer’s and referral sources’ solution and continually strive to improve the lives of our clients.