#GetLoud – CMHA Mental Health Week (May 6 – 12, 2019)
Mental health is a state of well-being, and we all have it.
Mental health is about more than being happy all the time. It’s about feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life, and managing life’s highs and lows. We might have a mental illness, and we might not. Either way, we can all feel well. We can all have good mental health.
This May 6th to 12th, you can #GetLoud about what mental health really is. Research shows that there are six common features of good mental health: a sense of self, a sense of purpose, of belonging, contribution, enjoyment and resilience. Here are some examples of what mental health looks like to Canadians:
- I don’t worry too much about what people think of me.
- I feel like I’m reaching my potential.
- I feel like I belong.
- I make the world a better place.
- I enjoy my life.
- Knock me down and I’ll get back up again.
Visit https://mentalhealthweek.ca/ for more information on CMHA’s 2019 Mental Health Week.
How can we help?
OT Works! helps clients with their mental health. We have significant experience working with individuals with mental health challenges
such as depression, anxiety after an accident or concussion. Here are some examples of services we can provide:
- Behavioural Activation
- Cognitive therapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Mindfulness Strategies
- Assistance Daily Living
- Graduated Return-to-Work support
Some of our OTs focus their practice around mental health Find out more at https://www.ot-works.com/about/the-team/ or call us at 604-696-1066.
- Mental Health Checklist – https://mentalhealthweek.ca/check-in-on-your-mental-health/
- “How is mental health like physical health?” – https://mentalhealthweek.ca/how-is-mental-health-like-physical-health/
- “16 strategies to help you thrive” – https://mentalhealthweek.ca/16-strategies-to-help-you-thrive/