Melanie has 10 years of Occupational Therapy experience working in the public health system from acute care, to rehabilitation, to the community environment. She understands the continuum of care and client’s functional changes at different stages of life. Melanie values improving one’s overall quality of life. Private practice is an area she wants to share her knowledge and compassion helping clients with musculoskeletal/orthopaedic injuries, post cardiac event, cancer, traumatic brain injury, and mixed diagnoses.
Melanie enjoys getting active whether it’s going for a swim with her family or leading a fitness class. After 3 years of waiting, her plum tree grew fruit this year – pure joy!
"People don’t remember what you did, they remember how you made them feel."
- Masters in Occupational Therapy – UBC
- Bachelors in Human Kinetics - UBC
- Wheelchair skills training program
- Functional Independence Measure
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Return to Work Planning
- Worksite Accommodations
- Injury Prevention
- Return to sport and leisure
- Home Care
- Hospital Discharge Planning
- Case Management
- Exposure Therapy
- Life skills for depression and anxiety
- Transit assessments and training
- Home Safety/Falls Prevention Assessment
- Clients: Youth
- Clients: Adult
- Clients: Older Adult