About > The Team > Name
Haley Tencha, BA, MOT
Haley graduated with a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy in 2009. Through her experience working in both public health and private community settings, she has enjoyed helping clients with a variety of injuries and health conditions return to daily function and work. Haley’s practice areas include orthopedic injuries, chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, complex regional pain syndrome, concussion/brain injury and mental health conditions (anxiety, depression, PTSD, specific phobias).
Haley obtained Certification as a Work Capacity Evaluator through Roy Matheson and Associates in 2013. She has completed hundreds of medical legal assessments across the lower mainland including Functional/Work Capacity Evaluations and Cost of Future Care Assessments. She has testified as an expert witness in the Supreme Court of British Columbia on numerous occasions. Haley joined the OT Works! team in August 2021 after spending one year working as a Case Manager for WorkSafeBC.
In her leisure time, Haley enjoys outdoor activities including rollerblading, swimming, kayaking, surfing, camping and downhill skiing.
"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." - C.S. Lewis
- Bachelor of Arts (Brandon University)
- Masters of Occupational Therapy (University of Manitoba)
- Certified Work Capacity Evaluator (Roy Matheson and Associates)
- Registrant - College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC)
- Member - Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy (CAOT)
- Return to Work Planning
- Orthopedic injuries
- Chronic pain
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Brain Injury
- Life skills for depression and anxiety
- Specific phobias
- Work Capacity Evaluations
- Clients: Adult